This is the second panel of the Every Woman Every Child Everywhere series on Urban Humanitarian Crises: Providing quality, accessible health care to women, children and adolescents. Realizing the visions of the New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants and Habitat III.
When: 29 November 2016, 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Where: Conference Room 12, UN Headquarters, Floor 1B
The Permanent Missions of the United Arab Emirates and Norway to the United Nations, in partnership with Every Woman Every Child, are convening a panel discussion among key actors to identify implementation steps for Habitat III’s New Urban Agenda and the New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants. The Panel will discuss– through a local-level lens – how these commitments can drive achievement of Agenda 2030’s imperatives on health, gender, youth, and children everywhere.
- H.E. Mrs. Lana Nusseibeh, Permanent Representative of the United Arab Emirates to the United Nations
- H.E. Mr. Geir O. Pedersen, Permanent Representative of Norway to the United Nations
- Dr. David Nabarro, Secretary-General’s Special Adviser on 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Moderator: H.R.H. Princess Sarah Zeid, Co-Chair, Every Woman Every Child Everywhere H.E.
- Ms. Sima Bahous, Permanent Representative of the Kingdom of Jordan to the United Nations
- Ms. Ugochi Daniels, Chief of Humanitarian Response, UNFPA
- Mr. Philip Spoerri, Head of Delegation to the United Nations, ICRC
- Mr. Hamish Young, Chief of Humanitarian Action and Transitions Section, UNICEF
- Ms. Ninette Kelley, Director, UNHCR NY Office
- Mr. Werner Obermeyer, Deputy Executive Director, WHO NY Office
Question and answer session with guests.
- Mr. Filiep Decorte, Deputy Director and Secretariat lead for Global Alliance for Urban Crises, UN-Habitat NY
This is an open event. For further inquiries, please contact Ms. Silje Eggestad: firstname.lastname@example.org.