This is the second panel of the Every Woman Every Child Everywhere series on Urban Humanitarian Crises: Providing quality, accessible health care to women, children and adolescents. Realizing the visions of the New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants and Habitat III.
When: 29 November 2016, 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Where: Conference Room 12, UN Headquarters, Floor 1B
Report from the meeting can be found here.
The Permanent Missions of the United Arab Emirates and Norway to the United Nations, in partnership with Every Woman Every Child, are convening a panel discussion among key actors to identify implementation steps for Habitat III’s New Urban Agenda and the New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants. The Panel will discuss– through a local-level lens – how these commitments can drive achievement of Agenda 2030’s imperatives on health, gender, youth, and children everywhere.
- H.E. Mrs. Lana Nusseibeh, Permanent Representative of the United Arab Emirates to the United Nations
- H.E. Mr. Geir O. Pedersen, Permanent Representative of Norway to the United Nations
- Dr. David Nabarro, Secretary-General’s Special Adviser on 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Moderator: H.R.H. Princess Sarah Zeid, Co-Chair, Every Woman Every Child Everywhere H.E.
- Ms. Sima Bahous, Permanent Representative of the Kingdom of Jordan to the United Nations
- Ms. Ugochi Daniels, Chief of Humanitarian Response, UNFPA
- Mr. Philip Spoerri, Head of Delegation to the United Nations, ICRC
- Mr. Hamish Young, Chief of Humanitarian Action and Transitions Section, UNICEF
- Ms. Ninette Kelley, Director, UNHCR NY Office
- Mr. Werner Obermeyer, Deputy Executive Director, WHO NY Office
Question and answer session with guests.
- Mr. Filiep Decorte, Deputy Director and Secretariat lead for Global Alliance for Urban Crises, UN-Habitat NY
This is an open event. For further inquiries, please contact Ms. Silje Eggestad: firstname.lastname@example.org.